When you’re navigating the internet, seeing a green lock in your browser’s address bar is like having an extra layer of armor around personal data. This form of protection comes from something called an SSL certificate—a security protocol that encrypts information when browsing and shopping online to keep out malicious hackers and cyber-thieves. But what exactly is this mysterious safeguard? In this blog post, we’ll unlock its secrets while explaining why businesses should invest in one for their digital safety!
Why use an SSL Certificate?
Securing your business website with an SSL certificate is a must in today’s digital age. Not only will customers feel more comfortable making purchases, but it can also help you climb search engine rankings! Google places preference on websites using this encryption technology to keep user data secure – so having one just might be the key ingredient for successful online visibility.
How to get an SSL Certificate?
Getting an SSL Certificate to protect your website is an important step in protecting the security of your data and customers. An SSL Certificate can be acquired from a reliable certificate authority, such as 1&1 ionos or Go Daddy, who will verify that you own the domain name for which you are requesting it. After verifying your ownership, they will issue you a certificate that you can install on your web server.
Once you have acquired the SSL Certificate, you must also configure it properly with your web server. The process of configuring SSL depends on the type of web server software you are using and should be done before installing an SSL Certificate. If not configured correctly, visitors to your website may receive security warnings when they visit the site or pages that require secure transmission of data will not work properly.
Benefits of SSL:
1. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology helps protect sensitive information from being transmitted over a network and provides encryption for data in transit.
2. SSL Certificate authenticates your identity as the owner of the website, letting visitors know that their transactions are safe.
3. Using SSL technology helps prevent hackers from accessing confidential information such as credit card numbers or passwords which could lead to serious security breaches.
4. Having an SSL Certificate installed on your site will help boost consumer trust in your business by showing them that they are dealing with a reliable source.
5. It is one of the best ways to ensure that your website is secure and private when communicating with its visitors.
SSL Certificates on Ecommerce Websites
Your customers are searching for a secure shopping experience when they visit your eCommerce website. An SSL certificate will give them the reassurance that their information is safe, so they can shop with ease and confidence. Not only does this build trust between you and your customers; it also helps to increase conversion rates!
Why You Need an SSL Certificate
If you need help with your SSL Certificate get in touch today and we will be happy to help!
Check out our other blog posts for more tips on how to improve your website!